The SF Board of Supervisors is on break until September 2, but the Historic Preservation Commission is jumping into the fray over the mural at Washington High School by starting landmark designation for the school. If you’ve missed the battle over the mural there, you’ve missed an interesting conversation about race and censorship.
The SFMTA Board of Directors will meet Tuesday, August 20, 1 p.m., in City Hall, room 400. See agenda and supporting documents here.
- D. ESTABLISH – TOW-AWAY, NO STOPPING EXCEPT PERMITTED CAR SHARE VEHICLES…Gold Mine Drive, west side, from Diamond Heights Boulevard to 40 feet southerly…
- (10.8) Ratifying the Interim Permit extension of Stationless Bicycle Share Permit Program No. 01, with Social Bicycles (also known as JUMP), on the terms of the Pilot, consistent with a court order in related litigation, including any terms that may conflict with the new permit requirements. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution and permit.)
I included this because it has a summary of the saga of bikeshare in SF, which is theater of the absurd
- 14. Presentation and discussion regarding the transit service and an overview of the Transit Performance Working Group. (Explanatory documents include a slide presentation.)
Supervisor Mandelman joined Supe Peskin and the Mayor to form this group of experts to figure out what’s wrong with MUNI.
- 15. Naming the Central Subway Chinatown Station as “Chinatown Rose Pak Station”. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution and policy.)
The Ingleside Police Station Community Meeting will happen Tuesday, August 20, 7 p.m., at Ingleside Station, 1 Sgt. John V. Young Lane (near Balboa Park) in the Ingleside Station Community Room.
The Historic Preservation Commission will meet Wednesday, August 21, 12:30 p.m., in City Hall, room 400. Agenda and supporting docs
- They’re starting the process to designate George Washington High a landmark
The SFMTA Interdepartmental Staff Committee on Traffic and Transportation (ISCOTT) will meet Thursday, August 22, 9 a.m., at 1 S. Van Ness Ave., 7th floor. No agenda available
The Planning Commission will meet Thursday, August 22, 1 p.m., in City Hall, room 400. Agenda and supporting docs
- Quarterly report on housing production that I wish I had time to read
The SFMTA Color Curb Hearing will happen Friday, August 23, 10 a.m., in City Hall, room 416. Agenda