Holiday Safety Tips from SFSAFE
A few important tips on preventing crimes that usually happen more frequently during the holiday season.
Home Burglary Prevention
• Put timers on different lights throughout the interior and exterior of the house if you are away on vacation.
• Gifts and valuables should be kept out of sight and away from windows.
• Have newspaper, mail and deliveries held or picked up by someone you trust.
Shopping Online with your Credit Card
• Shop only at secure websites.
• Do not respond to emails asking you for personal or credit card information.
• Check your credit card and bank statements regularly and closely for fradulent use.
Prevent Pick-Pocketing and Identity Theft
• Be Alert! Your purse or wallet may be a target for crime in crowded shopping areas, bus stops, and on buses. Be wary of those too close to you or creating distractions.
• Only carry the credit cards or cash that you need.
• If taking transit, keep your Fast Pass, or cash, seperate from your purse or wallet, so as not to display your valuables.
Learn more about Holiday Safety Tips