Please join us at our next Glen Park Greenway Work Party on Saturday May 1 from 9:00am to 12:00pm. We’ll also have a short Zoom meetings at 7 p.m. on Tuesday April 27 to answer any questions that you have about the work that we plan to do on May Day.
If you’re planning to come to the work party please email and let me know.
Here’s a description of the main tasks that we’ll do:
- Clear vegetation between shrubs and trail and sidewalk: This will make the shrubs that we have planted during the last three years much more visible and will make a big difference to the appearance of the Greenway.
- Weed the raised beds: The two raised beds are a focus of attention for many who walk the Greenway and they need some TLC.
- Collect trash: The Greenway gets plenty of trash tossed down from the Bosworth sidewalk. If you find cleaning up the landscape to be a satisfying pursuit, we’ve got a trash-picker for you
If you have your own tools, please bring them! If you don’t have tools we can lend them to you – just come to the top of the pedestrian ramp where Chilton Avenue meets Bosworth St and we’ll lend you what you need.
Because of the pandemic we need to organize ourselves carefully to follow the normal social-distancing and other protocols developed by SFPW and Rec and Park for outdoor volunteer projects. Here’s how we’ll do it:
- Organize ahead of time:
- We’ll have a virtual meeting on Zoom on Tuesday Apr 27 at 7:00pm to answer any questions about the arrangements for the Work Party. RSVP for a link!
- Come Prepared:
- Wear a face covering (nose and mouth) at all times.
- Bring your own gardening gloves.
- Bring your own gardening tools if you have them
- Wear comfortable clothing that can get dirty and offer protection (long sleeves etc)
- Wear closed-toe shoes
- (optional) bring snack and water for yourself (don’t share food or beverages with people outside your household
- Practice social distancing (stay at least 6 feet apart from others)
- Wash hands/use sanitizer before eating food
- Do not share tools
- At the end of your work, return the tools to the top of the Burnside Ave steps
- Do not touch tools that you did not use