Summer Stride is an opportunity to challenge yourself and others to read, learn and listen with the Library this summer!
The program begins June 1st and runs until August 31st.
20 hours of participation earns you a coveted finishing prize: the 2022 Summer Stride Library book tote, featuring art by picture book author Minnie Phan.
Patrons are invited to track their progress online or pick up a paper tracker from their local library branch. Paper trackers will be mailed to all SFUSD households so families should expect to receive one in the next few weeks.
Summer Stride is the Library’s annual summer learning, reading and exploration program for all ages and abilities. From June through August, the library promotes:
- Author talks, reading lists and book giveaways
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) learning
- Mindful experiences in nature
- Workforce development opportunities for teens
- Meaningful connections for all ages for our diverse community
In addition, the Glen Park library will have the following special programs:
- June 18th – Lizard Lady Reptiles will give a presentation from 2-3pm
- July 9th – Japanese Taiko Drumming with Kristy Oshiro from 2-3pm