The San Francisco Fire Department (SFFD), in collaboration with Community Youth Center, SF, Resilient Diamond Heights and St. Aidan’s Church, will hold a Community Safety Fair for members of the public. This fair will include Fire Prevention and Education materials, demonstrations, and answers to inspection questions. SFFD EMS members will teach hands-only CPR and SFFD Recruitment team will be available to answer questions related to the Department’s hiring process. Free Smoke detectors will be available while supplies last to homeowners of San Francisco as well as free hand-crank flashlight/radios after participating in a workshop.
St. Aidan’s Church, Upper Level, 101 Gold Mine Drive, SF
Jonathan Baxter, San Francisco Fire Public Information Officer
Inspector Tomie Kato, San Francisco Bureau of FirePrevention
Recruitment Officer Keith Baraka, Division of Training
Paramedics from the SFFD EMS Division
· SFFD Neighborhood Emergency Response Team (NERT) Members for Disaster Preparedness
· Department of Emergency Management for Disaster Preparedness and 911 call center information.
· San Francisco Police Department A.L.E.R.T. Program
· Alisa Ann Ruch Burn Foundation
· City College of San Francisco Fire Science students
· Community Youth Center to table Seismic Safety information and resources.
San Francisco Fire Department’s enhanced Fire Prevention and Education team promotes Fire Safety through Community Outreach and Education. This is an effort to engage the communities we serve with their local Firefighters, EMT’s and Paramedics.
· Live Fire Extinguisher Demonstration allowing for participation of the attendees.
· Fire Prevention Safety Handouts from NFPA, including creating an escape plan in your home and work place, fire extinguisher information and tips such as the PASSacronym.
· An ambulance will be available to look at and walk through with EMS staff.
· A Fire Engine will be present to look at and walk through with Suppression staff.