Hello friends and supporters of the Glen Park Greenway.
Our next work party will be on Saturday January 26! I hope that you’ll be able to join us.
- We’ll start at 9:00 – there’ll be coffee waiting for you
- Meet at the top of the Chilton Ave cul-de-sac beside 88 Chilton Ave.
- We’ll stop at 12:00 – we’ll have sandwiches and cookies for lunch
Thanks to this wonderful rainy weather we have lots of work to do on the Greenway. Here’s a list of our tasks:
- Uproot or cut off the sprouts that have emerged from the roots and stumps of the trees removed by SFPW in November 2017
- Remove heaps of cut fennel and other debris in Parcel 1 Burnside-Chilton
- Weed and remove ivy from the “triangle” at the top of the Chilton Ave ramp
- Apply sheet mulch to the direct-seeded oaks
- Weed around the plantings of shrubs and trees
- Pick up trash
If there’s heavy rain on the day of the work party we will cancel. However, a light-drizzle will not be enough to dampen our enthusiasm!
I look forward to working with you on Saturday January 26
Many thanks for all that you do for the Greenway.