Hello Friends and Supporters of the Glen Park Greenway,
Here’s a reminder that our next work party will be on Saturday January 18, 2020.
We’ll start at 9:00 – there’ll be coffee waiting for you
Meet at the top of the Chilton Ave cul-de-sac beside 88 Chilton Ave.
We’ll stop at 12:00 – we’ll provide sandwiches for lunch
Please don’t park in the Chilton Avenue cul-de-sac – we need space in the cul-de-sac for trucks dropping off tools etc. Parking on Bosworth is normally easy and conveniently close.
Sign up here and read below to see what tasks are on hand!
There will be lots of different tasks to choose from and we’ll get help from SFPW’s Clean & Green Team so I expect that there’ll be a job on the list that you will enjoy and there’ll be plenty of help for the heavier tasks. Here’s the task list:
- Lop off and uproot shoots from stumps and roots of trees that were removed in 2017
- Uproot broom plants
- Weed and cut back encroaching vegetation around direct-seeded oaks and renew sheet mulch
- Weed and cut back encroaching vegetation around 15-gallon trees
- Weed and cut back encroaching vegetation around shrubs
- Strip climbing ivy from trees and cut back a 2’ radius of ivy vines around tree base
- Pick up litter
If it rains and the rain is a drizzle or a light sprinkle we will continue with the work party as planned. If the rain is heavy we’ll cancel the work party.
Special thanks to our project sponsors: District 8 Supervisor Rafael Mandelman, the San Francisco Community Challenge Grant, SF Public Utilities Commission, SF Public Works, SF Parks Alliance, the Bay Area Ridge Trail Council, Glen Park Association, Glen Park Garden Club and Canyon Market.
I look forward to working with you on Saturday January 18
See you on the Greenway