Ingleside Station holds monthly in-person community meetings the third Tuesday of the month at 6pm at the station, 1 Sgt. John V. Young Lane. Acting Captain Kevin Knoble conducted this month’s meeting. The next monthly meeting will be Tuesday, July 18 at 6 pm, with Captain Derrick Lew.
San Francisco Police Department:
Acting Capt. Knoble noted that June 30 is the fiscal year end after which many police officers retire because of the cost of living increase.
Report of three shootings:
- Stratos Nightclub: June 10, 300 block of Ocean Avenue. 3 people shot, license suspended for Pride Weekend, sanctions expected from Entertainment Commission and Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control.
- Mission/Amazon: Shootout, result expected soon.
- Precita/Alabama street: June 12, 37 rounds between a man on street and person in a car racing down the street. Neighbors are concerned.
San Francisco Animal Care and Control (ACC):
- Bats carry the most rabies in SF–one out of seven bats in the city have rabies.
- Feeding coyotes is illegal and not helpful. It makes them too accustomed to humans. Teach them to stay away from humans, haze them–use deterrents to move an animal out of an area or discourage an undesirable behavior or activity–and yell to scare them away.
- Dog walkers have an 8 dog limit at one time in SF. They must be on leash. Report if out of control
- Call ACC dispatch, 515-554-9400, or 311, not police, for dogs barking longer than 10 minutes. You must have exact address.
- Call 911 for serious dog bite with broken skin of dog or human.
- ACC vs SPCA: ACC is a city agency. SPCA is an independent nonprofit supported by the community.
San Francisco Fire Department:
- Grilling tips: Keep grill 10 feet from any combustible structure. Keep fire extinguisher close by just in case. Call 911 as soon as there is a problem.
- Phone batteries can be a fire risk. Phones should not be charged while under your pillow in bed.
- Keep a fire extinguisher on on each floor of home. Recharge or check annually. Do not use for grease fire; smother instead.
- Neighborhood Emergency Response Team (NERT) info: Refresher classes have started up. Acting Captain Brandon Tom, is the new NERT Program Coordinator
- Helpful fire safety tips.
- Fire safety workshop: SFFD Community Outreach Education Team offers a free fire safety workshop. To request a workshop for a group, email: firstname.lastname@example.org