(Staff note: See Perch’s Zoel Fages on this panel.)
About this event
Join Cruise and six community leaders from San Francisco District 8, for a compelling, in-depth discussion about the challenges being faced by small business in the city right now, and how new technology being developed by Cruise will transform the landscape and offer those businesses new opportunities to better connect with their customers.
The California DMV has approved Cruise’s Driverless Testing Permit. After years of careful testing, thoughtful development, and robust validation, Cruise is now taking the natural next step and slowly beginning fully driverless testing with zero emission vehicles in San Francisco.
In this 8th in a series of citywide webinars, Moderator Vas Kiniris, the Director of Business Development at NEXTSF, will be joined by Chhavi Sahni, Public Affairs Manager at Cruise, and the six District 8 leaders.
San Francisco District 8 is comprised of Glen Park, Diamond Heights, Noe Valley, Mission Dolores, and the Castro.
Member at Large
Glen Park Merchants Association
Just for Fun & Scribbledoodles
Diamond Heights Community Association
2. Cruise will share a presentation laying out their vision for an autonomous vehicle system for San Francisco and reveal breakthrough features that will be of particular interest to small businesses.
3. We will present a short video highlighting our D8 merchant corridor.
4. Our D8 community leaders will speak about the current challenges and aspirations of their specific business corridors, especially related to small business customer outreach and deliveries.*
5. Chhavi Sahni will discuss with the community leaders about how the technology that Cruise will soon be debuting can provide solutions to many of the issues that merchants are facing.
6. Attendees will receive a survey following the conclusion of the webinar, seeking their feedback and providing next-step links so they can stay informed and participate in future events relating to the roll out of Cruise’s new technology.
*Attendees are encouraged to post their questions during the discussion via the Q&A portal. Questions will be forwarded to the moderators.
Registrants: You will receive your webinar link with your Eventbrite confirmation email.
Organizer of Where To San Francisco? A D8 Discussion about Innovation for Small Business
Driving cities forward | We’re a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
Self-driving vehicles are one of the greatest engineering challenges of our generation. The potential to save millions of lives, reshape our cities, give people more time, and restore freedom of movement for many motivates our teams at Cruise everyday.